Sunday, October 20, 2013

Not sure what's going on

I think our little monkey can sense my stress level. It seems like in the past week or so if she's awake she's crying. I want to apologize and advance for my lack of punctuation in this post. I'm using the voice record feature on my phone since I only have one hand free. The other one is supporting this little girl sleeping on my chest. 

Anyway as I was saying it seems like anymore there's a lot more crying. From her and from me. It took 6 1/2 weeks to get there but yesterday for the first time I broke down in tears during one of her fits. All she could do was scream and there was nothing I could do to stop her. I don't know if it's just her stage of development or if she starting to feel all of the fear that I have in me right now.

During our night feedings I sit here on my phone and read everything I can about hip dysplasia. I read the stories of success the kids who were only in a brace for 6 to 10 weeks and ended up with an ultrasound that read perfectly. I read the stories of the kids who the brace did nothing for, ended up in a cast, then surgery then years later reporting success but only after heart breaking wretchedly long journey. I have no idea where we are going to fall in that spectrum.

No matter where we fall in it we will get through it. But the not knowing just has me terrified. I'm trying to relish and enjoy this time where little monkey wants to be attached to me. I try to put her in her crib her bouncy seat her rock n play but the only place she'll sleep during the day is on my chest. Don't get me wrong I love the look down and see this little face but I would like to get up and walk occasionally.

We just had a failed experiment with a new Moby wrap hold so it doesn't look like that one's going to be working for a little bit. I had hoped we would be able to get out and do a lot of walks during the beautiful fall weather but it doesn't look like that's going to be the case. The car seat might as well be a torture device to our little monkey. Pair that with not wanting to use the Moby now either and we're stuck inside.

The current view of my chest

No comments: