Monday, October 28, 2013

Moving forward

Yesterday afternoon I cleaned out the dresser in monkey's nursery. She not only started to outgrow several of the newborn and smaller 0 to 3 month onesies, but it was also time to put away things we just can't use. Mainly anything with pants. I think the hardest part of the whole thing was putting away all of her little zippered footie pajamas.  I always enjoyed putting her in a new one each evening before bed. They're all just so cute and snuggly. I took a few that she's outgrown and some that are her current size, folded them up, and put them in a drawer for me to save. Part of me hopes that we may just go to the doctor on Thursday and they say congratulations her hips are now perfect. I know that won't be the case at all. At minimum we have 6 to 10 weeks with this harness. Realistically we are looking at 12 to 20 and even maybe even longer. By then All the little footie pajamas are going to be too small.

Again it's just mourning the little things. In the meantime I'm getting more confident in handling her, and we've made some big strides. She spent a good chunk of the day in the Moby wrap and even managed to figure out breast-feeding while she's in the wrap. We also got in the mail today a Boppy newborn lounger. While she doesn't love it she doesn't hate it. I'm hoping she'll warm up to it and be able to hang out in it all around the house.  Overall though she is still a mama's girl and would prefer to be held by me. I'm more than okay with that. 

Baby wearing with a pavlik harness!

Propped up in the newborn lounger


No comments: